Common Treasury goes online
Since The Common Treasury of Adaptable Ideas events of 2019, we’ve all been living, learning, connecting and working in ways that were unimaginable when the project first began. In the spirit of adaptation, The Common Treasury team worked with the project funders, Power to Change, to support the set-up of Isolation Station Hastings (ISH) in April 2020. Through May and June, The Common Treasury hosted a series of 5 live-streamed community conversations on ISH with the twin aims of continuing to host community conversations about the future – and to share inspiring ideas from elsewhere. These vibrant, informative chat-shows, generously hosted by Claire Doran (RSA), brought together some of the UK’s most experienced leaders of social change with dedicated local activists and entrepreneurs.
We hope you find their conversations as informative and inspiring to listen to (again), as we have.
We look forward to continuing our journey to a common future together.
- Watch Episode 1: Living in Lockdown here. Featuring Maff Potts (Camerados) & Rob Hopkins (Transition Network).
- Watch Episode 2: Our Food System here. Featuring Natalie Williams (King’s Church/Hastings Food Bank), Iain Chambers (Brighton Food Factory, the Bevy) & Kate Rintoul (Home Ground Kitchen)
- Watch Episode 3: Our Neighbourhoods here. Featuring Hazel Tilley (Granby4Streets) and Jess Steele (Jericho Road Solutions)
- Watch Episode 4: Our Local Economy here. Featuring Erika Rushton (The Beautiful Ideas Co.), Sally Lowndes (The Onion Collective) and Steve Manwaring (Hastings Voluntary Action)
- Watch Episode 5: Moving forwards here. Featuring Stella Duffy (Fun Palaces) and Dan Matthews (Isolation Station Hastings)